Palm Treo Pro coming to Sprint stores, March 15th.
Palm not long ago, announced their new Palm Treo Pro, which is set to replace their soon-to-be extinct Windows Mobile-powered Palm Treo 800w. It will have a slightly different hardware look to it, and it will feature some upgraded features.
It will feature Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional (touch screen-enabled); Microsoft's Internet Explorer Mobile 6, providing users with a more robust mobile browser; Wifi; and GPS.
It is slated to cost $199 after mail in rebates, and with a 2 year contract. You will have to get a data plan added to your voice plan, to take advantage of the phone's full EvDO-Rev. A data features.
Here are some quick facts about the Palm Pro (CDMA-model), straight from Palm's mouth:
Palm shortcuts for the things you do most
· Touchscreen and full keyboard
· Microsoft® Windows Mobile® 6.1 Professional Edition
· Outlook® email with Microsoft® Direct Push Technology and HTML support2
· EvDO Rev A network for mobile wireless broadband speeds3
· High-capacity, removable battery
· Instant-on Wi-Fi button1
· GPS for navigation, turn-by-turn directions, and local search1
· Microsoft® Office Outlook® Mobile for Contacts, Calendar, andTasks
· Edit native Microsoft® Word and Excel® documents
· Open and view PowerPoint,® PDF, and ZIP files
· Internet Explorer® Mobile 6 with Flash support to see more, do more4
· Functions as a high-speed modem for your laptop5
· Personal email including Hotmail, Yahoo!, and Gmail4
· Chat-style view for SMS and MMS4
· Windows Media® Player Mobile for audio and video
· 2.0 megapixel camera with video capture
More info can be found here: